JOB TITLE: Assistant Product Manager – Job #0240
Department: OPBG North America
Reports To: Product Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salary
Location: Fremont, CA
Job Description Overview:
Monitor, analyze, and manage the product, market and customers for the server line of products. Identify and follow technology developments at key target leadership accounts within the target industries. Manage efforts with industry standards groups. Using this information, identify trends that are developing within the industries, and recommend and execute appropriate strategic and tactical maneuvers to further penetrate the industries with ASUS products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The primary function of the Assistant Product Manager is to assist the Product Manager to develop new business for ASUS within the targeted industries that will benefit both ACI (ASUS Computer International) and the global ASUS organization
- Perform a market analysis and comparison for products, pricing and channels
- Prepare new product go-to-market plan and ensure new product message is well received by customers
- Identify and justify which market niche(s) have the greatest growth potential for these new products.
- Perform monthly revenue/margin analysis and forecast, organize monthly revenue/margin reports and presentations
- Perform routine product training for customers.
- Communicate with customers daily, analyze customer feedback and provide solutions
- Perform other duties as assigned*
Required Knowledge, Years of Education, Work Experience, Skill Sets, and/or Certification:
- Core competences: computer products knowledge, logistical knowledge of promotional efforts, market development skills, and MS Office
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) or equivalent, 2 years' experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Extensive knowledge of technology industry is required
- Must be a proactive self-starter and coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to make successful presentations to individuals and/or groups at all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages
- Excellent problem resolution and consultative sales skills
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proficient in MS Office
- Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information
- Lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, including a briefcase and/or sales materials
- Up to 20% travel is required
(*Job functions are subject to change at any time)
ASUS, the world´s top 3 consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world´s best-selling and most award winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today´s digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktops, Eee Box and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, tablet devices, servers, multimedia and wireless solutions, networking devices, and mobile phones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 3,886 awards in 2011, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PCTM. With a global staff of more than 11,000 and a world-class R&D team of 3,000 engineers, the company´s revenue for 2011 was around US$11.9 billion. To learn more about ASUS go to http://usa.asus.com .
**We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state and federal laws.
**Compensation: ASUS pays excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
Please email resume and cover letter to Job#0240 "firstname.lastname@example.org"