JOB TITLE: IT Service Desk #0119
Department: Information Technology
Reports To: IT Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt/Hourly
Job Description Overview:
The IT Service Desk will be responsible for responding to inquiries and requests for assistance with software, technical, and other problems to be resolved. The IT Service Desk must provide expertise, advice, and advance knowledge, including in-depth problem-solving to users or customers to help diagnose and resolve customers' computer or other system equipment issues. The IT Service Desk is highly expected to provide an outstanding customer service support to both internal and external customers. The IT Service Desk is expected to communicate and perform his/her duties professional at all times when assisting internal and external customers. The IT Service Desk is expected to work in a fast-paced, multi-tasking, and ever-changing environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating, Assigning, and Troubleshooting IT Service Desk Tickets
- This position will require working with many types of end users, from staff members to Partners.
- Continuous monitoring of important IT services and report to the correct system owners.
- Build and Service various makes and models of ASUS laptops and computers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve L1/L2 networking issues
- Troubleshooting remotely using collaboration technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science or Equivalent certifications is a plus
- Strong experience with customer service principles and practices is a must
- Must be able to perform tasks and problem solve independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to multi-task and serve multiple users at one time
- Must be able to use a computer for 95% of the work day
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks
- Excellent writing skills and proper use of grammar
- Bilingual in English and Chinese Mandarin is a plus
- MS Office Experience is a must
- Windows XP, Vista, and Win 7 Experience is a must
- Team player, High-energy, Friendly Attitude, Detail-oriented and able to take on initiative
- Must possess excellent communication both in written and verbal
- Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Helpdesk ticketing experience is a plus
(*Job functions are subject to change at any time)
*Position located on San Jose/Fremont/Bay Area.
*Not offering relocation assistance.
ASUS, the world's top 3 consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world's best-selling and most award winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktops, Eee Box and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, tablet devices, servers, multimedia and wireless solutions, networking devices, and mobile phones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 3,886 awards in 2011, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC™. With a global staff of more than 11,000 and a world-class R&D team of 3,000 engineers, the company's revenue for 2011 was around US$11.9 billion. To learn more about ASUS go to http://usa.asus.com .
**We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state and federal laws.
**Compensation: ASUS pays excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
Please email resume and cover letter to Job#0219, "firstname.lastname@example.org" or 800 Corporate Way, Fremont, CA 94539.