JOB TITLE: Product Marketing Specialist - Job # 0200
Department: Marketing - SBG
Job Description Overview:
A Product Marketing (PM) position at ASUS Computer International (ACI) is an incredibly diverse and rewarding role. The PM must be able to interface effectively with: ASUS HQ Product Manager/Marketing, Engineering, Business Operations, Business Development, Channel Management, Industry/Channel Partners, Direct Customers and Customer Support.
The PM will develop strategic marketing plans for a product or product line through
market research, competitive analysis, pricing, channel development, customer engagement, and business planning to grow revenue and profitability while increasing mind share, voice share, market share, brand equity, and customer loyalty.
The PM participates and acts as marketing's primary advocate on crossfunctional development teams. The PM often has to provide customer use-case examples and is the primary bridge between customer feedback and requirements and HQ product manager(s)/marketing team members.
The PM will help drive and develop materials for multiple product or service launches including press releases, launch materials, customer presentations, videos, web marketing and channel training materials. Develop and drive competitive marketing campaigns to increase "share of mind" of ASUS brand and to maximize ASUS product exposure and market share.
The PM position requires up to 20% travel. Position reports to Sr. Marketing Director and VP of Marketing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive integrated solutions and cohesive messaging into the market by coordinating value proposition content for ASUS system product solutions (Notebooks, netbooks and tablets).
- Conduct market and competitor analysis within assigned product line(s). Proactively monitor market trends, sales reports, pricing trends, price volume implications, etc. Provide insights and make recommendations which are aligned with short and long-term business priorities.
- Actively participate on relevant core teams and drive smooth product launches with MARCOM. Work with key stakeholders to develop and update marketing collateral (as needed).
- Effectively develop messaging and positioning, as well as addressing data/support needs.
- Define and implement marketing campaigns with MARCOM to promote product adoption and
support customers success in using the products for their research
- Develop and leverage relationships with key industry partners 1.) to initiate, develop, and expand awareness of ASUS and 2.) to raise ASUS's knowledge and awareness of evolving and potentially new market opportunities.
- Lead development and deployment of necessary training to all relevant parties regarding assigned product line(s). Anticipate and address needs of various sales and distribution channels and geographies.
- Work with ACI Product Managers to define unmet customer needs, identify new product definitions, manage product life cycle, and champion product portfolio strategies and product development priorities to support company growth objectives.
- Assist global corporate marketing in driving integrated sales and marketing strategies across all theaters.
- Perform other duties as assigned*
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or commensurate combination of education and experience - Degree in Marketing, Economics, Communication fields preferred
- 3+ years of solid brand and communication experience, with substantial exposure to a wide variety of disciplines, including brand/product strategy, marketing plan development, interacting with marketing communications, online marketing, channel marketing, global marketing experience is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, and excellent presentation skills
- Highly knowledgeable in brand/product management & marketing communication
- Experience managing Agencies, Multiple Products/Brands, Aligning with Brand Guidelines, Effective Budget Management, Sharing Vision and Strategy with the team and collaborating with other regions globally
- Experience activating a brand in a channel environment , past research of buying behavior and modifying marketing plan to optimize results
- Category management experience is a plus
*(Job functions are subject to change at any time)
ASUS is a leading company in the new digital era, with a broad product portfolio that includes notebooks, tablets, netbooks, motherboards, graphics cards, displays, desktop PCs, servers, wireless solutions, and networking devices. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 3,886 awards in 2011, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC™. With a global staff of more than 10,000 ASUS ranks among BusinessWeek's InfoTech 100, and has been on the listing for 12 consecutive years. To learn more about ASUS go to usa.asus.com.
**We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state and federal laws.
**Compensation: ASUS pays excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
Please email resume and cover letter to Job#0200, "firstname.lastname@example.org" or 800 Corporate Way, Fremont, CA 94539.