JOB TITLE: Service Support Specialist - #0197
Ensure customer satisfaction by delivering outstanding technical service, assisting and resolving a wide variety of technical requests, inquiries and complaints. Expected to perform efficiently and productively and maintain customer loyalty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle inbound technical inquiries effectively and efficiently through the use of proactive customer service and call control techniques and proven technical troubleshooting procedures
- Create an exceptional experience for the customer by using professional customer service techniques, personalizing and focusing on adding value to the customer experience
- Retain existing customer/services through the use of proactive customer service/consulting techniques and enabling customers to perceive value in the service
- Resolve customer questions/concerns efficiently and effectively through the use of active listening and personalizing techniques
- Resolve problems on the first call with minimum supervision while consistently improving personal technical knowledge and understanding
- Participate in ongoing training in keeping with company request and changing business strategies
- Adhere to company’s policies and procedures
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Perform other duties as assigned*
Required Skills and Experience:
- 2+ years providing technical support of PC/Notebook hardware based systems
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and the use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English
- Proficient with PCs, hardware and software knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of PC/Notebook architecture, configuration, and operation
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills: is positive, pleasant, respectful and customer focused
- Strong customer service skills
- A.S. Degree in Computer Management and/or Computer Systems Technology; A+ Certification is a plus
(*Job functions are subject to change at any time)
ASUS, the world's top 3 consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world's best-selling and most award winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktops, Eee Box and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, tablet devices, servers, multimedia and wireless solutions, networking devices, and mobile phones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 3,886 awards in 2011, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PC™. With a global staff of more than 11,000 and a world-class R&D team of 3,000 engineers, the company's revenue for 2011 was around US$11.9 billion. To learn more about ASUS go to http://usa.asus.com.
**We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state and federal laws.
**Compensation: ASUS pays excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
Please email resume and cover letter to Job#0197, "firstname.lastname@example.org" or 800 Corporate Way, Fremont, CA 94539.