JOB TITLE: Sales Manager ( Retail )- Job #0168
Reports To: Director of Sales
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salary
Location: Fremont, CA
Job Description Overview:
The Sales Manager under the Retail Accounts Team will assist with the efforts of ASUS’s North America Retail Business Unit working in the Fremont, CA office. This position will be responsible for the development of the marketing budget and the development of quarterly programs to drive the development of the ASUS brand and products in the North American retail market.
The Sale Manager will help to increase our sales opportunities with existing customers as well as to expand our business with new accounts and will have accountability for the development, implementation and execution of programs to achieve these business goals. This role will also work closely with ASUS partners in order to develop strategies that enable ASUS to be able to grow and to effectively manage all available partner resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Help develop and articulate a strong vision of the ASUS brand for the retail market segment
- Create a customer centric vision for our products that translates into business results
- Manage the ASUS retail marketing plan, budget, campaign and all related activities for the retail channel Work closely with ASUS management to make the most effective use of all available resources within the ACI office and ASUS headquarters
- Leverage the Value Equation model to assist in product marketing efforts with all partners
- Plan and develop programs that make effective use of all partner marketing programs and funds to drive the ASUS brand and sales results
- Establishing marketing programs to help successfully launch ASUS products in retail through the creation of clear messages, technical marketing and communication documents
- Collaborate with all ASUS marketing teams to ensure that the full communication mix (promotions, PR, events, training, etc.) supports the business goals
- Drive key marketing principles into our product and marketing efforts that focus on differentiation, relevance and those elements that drive long term success for the ASUS brand
- Lead and build partner marketing programs and the execution all retail strategies for retail partners
- Help retail partners successfully market our products by providing appropriate content, messaging, collateral, online advertising and marketing related materials
- Working globally, and in cross-functional teams to lead the development and execution of our corporate marketing strategy, go-to-market plans and product and technology messaging.
- Collaborate across a geographically distributed team to insure strong alignment of ASUS strategies and messaging to create compelling and differentiating value propositions.
- Partner with regional marketing team members to rationalize programs, ensure consistent, localized messaging/positioning, and leverage regional marketing knowledge and expertise to create compelling and highly differentiating value propositions.
- This role will influence and drive product messaging, positioning and the market development strategy and metrics to ensure that marketing activities are aligned and focused on meeting and exceeding defined objectives and driving incremental revenue and market share growth.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Perform other job duties as assigned*
Required Knowledge, Years of Education, Work Experience, Skill Sets, and/or Certification:
- Extensive knowledge of the retail PC market is required
- 3 to 5 years selling to retail; direct or through the distribution channels
- Excellent communication, strong quantitative, analytical, and conflict resolution ability
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and implementing planning and/or project management processes
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Clear ability to multi-task, learn and leverage a variety of applications
- 25% domestic travel required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General Office Activities – Walking, Talking, Standing, Sitting, Typing, and Hearing
The mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must communicate effectively and tactfully with persons on all levels, in person, in writing, and on the telephone
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and oral instructions
- Must have the ability to work well under time constraints
The mental demands described here are representative of those that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- General Office Environment. The employee works in a typical office environment where the noise level is usually moderate
(*Job functions are subject to change at any time)
**This position is not retail store-based**
**Must be local to Northern California Bay Area**
**Accepting local candidates only**
ASUS, the world's top 3 consumer notebook vendor and the maker of the world's best-selling and most award winning motherboards, is a leading enterprise in the new digital era. ASUS designs and manufactures products that perfectly meet the needs of today's digital home, office and person, with a broad portfolio that includes motherboards, graphics cards, optical drives, displays, desktops, Eee Box and all-in-one PCs, notebooks, netbooks, tablet devices, servers, multimedia and wireless solutions, networking devices, and mobile phones. Driven by innovation and committed to quality, ASUS won 3,886 awards in 2011, and is widely credited with revolutionizing the PC industry with the Eee PCTM. With a global staff of more than 11,000 and a world-class R&D team of 3,000 engineers, the company's revenue for 2011 was around US$11.9 billion. To learn more about ASUS go to http://usa.asus.com.
**We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer; all applicants will be given full consideration under state and federal laws.
**Compensation: ASUS pays excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)
How to Apply:
Email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and put job title on subject line, also state in body of email salary requirements. We would like to thank all candidates for applying but only those chose for an interview will be contacted.
(Job functions are subject to change at any time)
Please email resume and cover letter to Job#0168, "email@example.com"