JOB TITLE: Channel Trade Marketing Specialist (Canada) #9
Reporting to the Channel Marketing Manager, the Channel Trade Marketing Specialist will play a key role in implementing ASUS Canada's Channel Marketing Plan. He/she will be responsible for the execution of channel marketing initiatives with key channel partners. The Marketing Specialist will be an advocate for insuring brand messaging is consistent at store account level. He/she will insure all below the line advertising activities has the optimal ROI to maximize sales growth. He/she will be a key liaison between the Canadian and US Marketing teams. As part of the Systems Business Group, the individual will focus on the Notebook, Netbook, and Tablet portfolios.
What you will achieve in this role:
Assist in developing & executing the annual Channel/Trade Marketing Plan:
- Working with Channel Marketing to gather input from both internal and external partners.
- Assist in establishing ASUS as the premier brand in Canada and a key differentiator for channel partners
- Compile and maintain a competitive analysis/database and update as required.
- Work with the Channel Marketing Manager in building a key account specific promotional calendar
- Maintain and grow the Canadian reseller database in order to leverage monthly B2B newsletter.
- Insure all partners have relevant marketing assets on a timely basis
- Provides assistance to the local sales team to prepare materials for training or events
- Optimize ASUS marketing material placement and positioning in the channel and execute channel programs/marketing activities.
- Collaborate with Channel Marketing Manager to plan and implement in-store merchandising across selected accounts.
Departmental Administrative & Budget Responsibilities:
- Manage the channel marketing and Marketing Development Fund budgets including processing purchase orders, invoices, managing accruals and expenses, and reporting monthly to management.
Manage Marketing Assets, Collateral, and Promotional Items:
- Manage local inventory of marketing materials, provide usage information and cost analysis on the monthly basis
- Support the re-purposing of online (banners) and offline marketing collateral (sell sheets) to support product launches, marketing campaigns, and the sales team.
- Revise and update marketing assets as required
- Collaborate with US marketing to insure that all marketing assets for Canada are French/English.
- Act as a liaison between Canada and the US to leverage marketing assets and promotions while insuring that they meet local Canadian market needs.
Manage the delivery of Partner sponsored events (e.g. Intel):
- Assist with the execution of partner related events on time and within set budgets
- Develop and monitor schedules and logistical documentation
Provide ongoing support for various cross-functional activities:
- The Channel Trade Marketing Specialist will manage the intake and distribution of channel marketing requests across the business. He/she will also help evaluate the urgency of ad hoc or scheduled request, prioritize the requests accordingly, and ensure the requests meet the determined completion dates.
- Implement and maintain the ASUS showroom and provide regular feedback on traffic, usability and feasibility.
What you will bring to this role:
- 2 to 3 years of experience in channel/trade marketing ideally within the PC and/or Consumer Electronics Industry
- Experience/knowledge of B2C/B2B marketing
- Experience in working in a small close knit team oriented environment would be a distinct asset
- A clear understanding of channel marketing strategies and below-the-line marketing tactics would be considered an asset.
- Knowledge/experience with major national and regional consumer electronics retailers
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Must work well under-pressure, and in a fast-paced environment
- Strong team player with the ability to work cross functionally with other teams
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and programs efficiently
- Creative/innovative mindset
- Strong with numbers and an ability to identify trends and patterns in data
- Previous client facing experience is desirable
- Well-developed planning and organizational skills
- Strong problem identification & problem solving skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent attention to detail, structured approach to analysis
- Ability to think through issues from an end-to-end perspective
- Fluent in English, and French is an asset
- Travel may be required to the Fremont California office (must have valid up to date passport)
Required Professional Designation/Certification
- University degree in Business Administration, Commerce, Marketing, or a related discipline required
LOCATION: Markham, Ontario, Canada
ASUS Computer International – Company Overview
ASUS has long been at the forefront of the information technology industry and although the company started as a humble motherboard manufacturer with only a handful of employees, it is now a dominant player in the global market and employs over 11,000 people in 50 countries around the world. ASUS makes products in almost every conceivable category of information technology, including PC components and peripherals, desktops, notebooks, tablets, servers and smartphones. ASUS is a major proponent in bringing quality innovation and design into its users' lives. In 2011, ASUS products won 3,886 international awards and accolades. The company revenue was US$11.9 billion in 2011. The Canadian head office is located in Markham, Ontario Canada.
Please email your resume and cover letter to: canadaHR@asus.com and include the job title in the subject line. We thank you for your interest. Only those selected for interviews will be contacted.