Job Title: Channel Marketing Specialist - SBG
Department: SBG Channel MKT
Location: Markham, ON
FLSA Status: Exempt/Salary
ASUS has long been at the forefront of the information technology industry and although the company started as a humble motherboard manufacturer with only a handful of employees, it is now a dominant player in the global market and employs over 17,000 people in 50 countries around the world. ASUS makes products in almost every conceivable category of information technology, including PC components and peripherals, desktops, notebooks, tablets, servers and smartphones.
ASUS innovation continues to be recognized by prestigious international media organizations, and our products are consistently acknowledged with CES Innovation, iF Design, Good Design, and Red Dot awards. In 2016, we garnered 4,385 awards for design innovation, product quality, environmental responsibility, and customer service. Last year, ASUS was named amongst the World's Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine. The company revenue was US$13.3 billion in 2016.
The Channel Marketing Specialist for the System Business Group drives winning marketing programs to increase ASUS’ market share in North America. With business goals in mind, the Channel Marketing Specialist is the creative mind behind ROI-based marketing and best-in-class merchandising online and in-store. The Channel Marketing Specialist works in coordination with the sales team to develop, drive, grow and expand sales through programs, MDF activities, joint promotions and other opportunities.
Duties and Responsibilities
*Job functions are subject to change at any time
- Understand the business objectives and growth plans, build and drive marketing programs and initiatives proactively to increase ASUS business in North America
- Localize, customize and help develop sales/marketing tools for the channel customers
- Execute and administer channel marketing programs; monitor, record and analyze ROI
- Develop a keen understanding of partner funding requirements; execute approved programs and ensure compliance
- Where appropriate and in coordination with the Account Managers, plan and host events for the channel customers
- Act as the point person for localization and customization of creative assets, including creation of messaging and positioning to win sales
- Champion for A+ merchandising online, including creation of A+ product pages, product videos, interactive product tours and product 360, How-To Guides, webinars, product selector tools and other best practice merchandising tools
- Oversee in-store merchandising activities, including endcap creation, in-line merchandising, training and launch activities
- Plan budget and marketing resources, manage the end-to-end process including creative services and accounting
- Participate in ongoing dialogue with the channel customers, including weekly conference calls, monthly visits and/or quarterly business reviews
- Perform other job duties as assigned*
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Google for Work and Salesforce.com
- Knowledge of the process and creation of merchandising solutions in-store and online
- Understanding of the channel, the technology ecosystem, and working knowledge of the fundamentals of technology preferred
- Ability to translate technology features into marketing propositions that result in sales
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong initiative and ability to work independently or collaboratively
- Ability to build rapport with customers
- Negotiation skills
- Organization and priority setting skills and ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) in related field or equivalent
- Technology experience
- Copywriting experience
HOW TO APPLY
- Office environment
- Travel - approximately 10% travel
Please email your resume and cover letter to canadaHR@asus.com and include the job title in the subject line.
ASUS is compliant with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. and recognizes its obligation to provide accommodation in the job application process to persons with disabilities on request, up to the point of undue hardship. Requests for accommodation should be directed to Josephine Kwan, Human Resources Generalist at canadaHR@asus.com. Please include AODA in the subject line.